Tuesday, December 9, 2008

~Thanksgiving Tradtion~

I love our long Thanksgiving weekends - we do the same thing every year and I always look forward to it. This year we had Thanksgiving at our house - it was just us, my parents, Nikki and Dan. The boys were w/ their dad so we were missing them but we still had a good time.

The best part of getting together w/ my family is game time!! Once we stuff ourselves w/ as much food as we can we break out the boardgames! We play for hours and laugh our butts off! We are always on the hunt for new games and this year we tried "Would you rather...?" - unfortunately, not so great. BORING! So, we pulled out "The Newlywed" game - you can't go wrong w/ that game. It was great to watch my sister's boyfriend, Dan, get nervous every time he had to answer a question that had anything to do w/ "making whoopee"! Too funny! We are all heading to Arkansas right after X-mas so I'm hoping to find a new game to take w/ us.

So, back to our Thanksgiving tradition! The Friday after Thanksgiving is the Guys/Girls shopping days - the guys go out together and the girls do the same. For as long as I can remember my dad and his brothers (and my grandpa when he was still alive) have gone shopping the day after Thanksgiving - well, mostly they eat and people watch! Once Dave joined the family he started going and Dan went for the first time this year! They always have a great time.

The girls and I spent the day shopping w/ my mom and sister and then Friday night Nikki and I took Nic, Luc, Brenna and Aubree to a Thanksgiving Day (night) parade. They had a lot of fun catching the candy - it's all about the candy!! And there was an awesome fireworks show, too!

Normally, the Saturday after Thanksgiving we all go shopping together and take the kids to see Santa but this year we had my cousin's wedding to attend so we'll be doing the Santa visit another day.

The Sunday after Thanksgiving is when we all go to the Xmas tree farm to pick out our trees and then we make Xmas cookies afterwards but this year it was freezing cold out and raining so we just stayed home and made Xmas cookies.

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment