Thursday, May 20, 2010

**Scarlett**



It's been a little over a month since Scarlett died, and though I still miss her I can, finally, think of her without crying. I can think of how her little tail wagged in a circle, instead of back and forth. I can think of how she would stand w/ her fronts paws on the bottom stair every night when she was ready for bed and she'd wait, patiently, until we carried her up. I can think of her cute run - that little butt bobbing up and down. I can think of how she would be sleeping at the end of the bed when I came up for the night, but as soon as I laid down she would come up to the top of the bed and snuggle up against me. I can think about the adorable little groaning sound she used (instead of barking) when she wanted something. I can think of all of these things without breaking down and crying....okay, I'm lying - I still cry, but there isn't such pain behind the crying anymore - there's a little bit of gratefulness and happiness, too. I'm grateful to her for bringing me such joy - it was unexpected. I didn't expect to get so attached to her, but I did - she made me happy. I loved taking care of her, I miss taking care of her, but I am grateful for the time I had with her.

2 comments:

  1. They definitely leave an empty spot in your life and your heart, don't they. Are you thinking of getting another doggie? We weren't going to, but then we tried to foster a dog from Almost Home Foundation, and we ended up falling in love with her! I know one dog can't "replace" another, but they do help replace some of the doggie energy in the household!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nicki. We have two others dogs, so we still have plenty of doggie energy around here! It's just a little less w/ Scarlett not being here anymore, but, like I said, I am grateful for the time we had with her. Thanks for commenting.:)

    ReplyDelete