Sunday, June 1, 2014

*Support*

Our 13-year-old daughter has been cast in the Disney TV movie Descendants:

http://www.disneydreaming.com/2014/05/20/singer-brenna-damico-joins-disneys-descendants-movie/

I've been in Vancouver with her since May 14th, and we'll be here until the beginning of July.  It's, definitely, an exciting time, but it's a difficult one, too.  When Brenna started auditioning for TV and Film a little over a year ago I can't say I really believed anything would come of it.  It's not that I didn't believe in her, but I know how tough this business is, and, I guess, I just didn't really think anything big would come of it all.  Well, Disney is pretty big, and I'm so happy for Brenna.  The difficult part is being away from my 11-year-old daughter Aubree and my husband.  I, also, miss my dogs and the rest of my family and friends.  

Most people have been very supportive, but some haven't.  We were, definitely, judged by some friends for choosing to split up our family for 7 weeks.  I had to deal with negative comments and relentless questions, as if I wasn't already dealing with my own feelings of worry and doubt.  I'm very thankful for the friends who have fully supported us....I appreciate you, immediately, offering to help out with my younger daughter, and for checking on us while we've been gone, and for being understanding....even if you don't, totally, understand.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  

Overall, this has been an amazing experience, so far.  It's an adventure for our whole family.  It's our first time in Canada, and it's beautiful!  My husband and Aubree have already visited us once, and they had a great time.  Aubree met Cameron Boyce, who she loves!  And she went to see a movie with Brenna and the rest of the Disney Descendants cast AND the director Kenny Ortega; she thought that was really cool!  They'll be back to visit us again in a couple weeks, and I can't wait!

Brenna is having a great time filming this movie!  She's working with wonderful people, and she's learning so much.  I'm really happy to be able to be here with her to see her go through the incredible process of making this movie.  So fun!

The movie will come out next summer!     




2 comments:

  1. That is amazing!! Congrats to her! And forget the negative people (they're probably a little jealous).

    ReplyDelete