Wednesday, September 3, 2008

~One Less Body~

There's one less body in our bed these days and it makes me sad! Brennie slept w/ us for nearly six years. People thought we were crazy but we never really had a problem w/ it. She felt more safe being w/us and that was a good enough reason for me. I knew she wouldn't still be sleeping with us at 10, 11, or 12 years old. I knew the night would come when she would start getting uncomfortable trying to sleep with Dave, me AND three dogs. A few months ago that night came - she said, "Mama, I think I'm going to sleep in my bed tonight - it's getting hard to sleep in here" and so I tucked her into her own bed. She was alseep within minutes but me - not so much. It was strange not having her warm little body next to me. Slowly, I'm getting used to it but I still miss having her there. Maybe it's more about the fact that she's just getting so big - she'll be 8 years old this month! Unbelievable!
*
So, anyway, our king size bed has lots of extra room now - maybe it's time for another dog! Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment